Season 5, Episode 35 (01.17.18)
[chef: Laura Ray]
I am pretty sure the reason that I get invited to so many parties is that I bring this dessert with me so often… it’s not that I am popular, it’s that everyone loves these blueberry bars!
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 1 cup Chopped Pecans
• 1 cup Sugar
• 1 cup Melted Butter (2 sticks)
• 1 large jar of Fruit Preserves (Blueberry, Raspberry, Peach, etc)
• Preheat oven to 350º.
• Pour the flour, butter, sugar and nuts in to a large mixing bowl.
• Stir ingredients until dough-like.
• Take 3/4 of the mixture and press into a greased and floured 13×9 baking dish.
• Pour preserves over the top and spread over the dough mixture. Try not to touch the edges of the pan with the preserves. (Reserve a small amount of preserves for later)
• Take remaining dough mixture and crumble on top.
• Cook 40 minutes until it’s golden brown.
• Remove from oven and immediately score the outer edge to separate it from the pan, then cut into bars (it is much harder to cut after it cools completely)
Serve warm topped with ice cream, and drizzle with preserves if desired.