Season 3, Episode 26 (01.25.17)
[chef: Regi’ Drake]
Hey Guys – this recipe is for us! Easy to prepare, and so tasty! I wish you could smell the lemon and garlic while watching this video!
• 1 1/2 pounds Thin Cut Chicken Breast
(or use 4 6ounce whole chicken breast and pound thin with a meat mallet)
• ¼ cup Lemon Juice
• ½ cup White Wine
• 1 cup Chicken Stock
• 6 Thin Half Moon Slices of Lemon
• 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, divided
• 2 Tbsp Capers
• 3 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
• All Purpose Flour, for dredging
• 1 Medium Shallot, chopped
• 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• On medium high Heat, preheat the olive oil in a large deep nonstick skillet.
• Season the flour with salt and pepper.
• Dredge 2 tbsp of butter in the seasoned flour and set aside.
• Dredge the chicken breast into the flour shaking off any excess flour and set aside.
• When the oil is hot add 1 Tbsp of butter, when the butter is melted add the chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. (You might need to do this in batches)
• Remove the chicken from the pan and add the shallot in with the pan juices. Cook the shallot until soft and translucent about 2 minutes.
• Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
• Add the wine and let it cook for 2 minutes, just until all the alcohol cooks out and the wine reduces by half.
• Add the chicken stock and 2 Tbsp of butter and season with salt and pepper.
• Cook until the liquids reduce by half about 5 to 6 minutes.
• Add the chicken back in with the liquids and add the capers, 2 Tbsp of the dredged butter and the lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens, add the parsley and lemon slices and cook for 30 seconds.
• Serve this amazing chicken piccata with a side of angel hair to soak up all those delicious juices.