Season 3, Episode 23 (12.7.16)
[chef: Fritzie Reeves]
Smile, say cheese! Even better say “cheesecake”.
There are so many variations of cheesecakes, but this one is a keeper and so appropriate for any eating venue. Why run out and buy one, when you can make it yourself…Here’s how. Enjoy!
• 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
• ½ cup butter or margarine (melted)
• 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
• 24 ounce cream cheese (softened)
• 4 eggs
• 1 ½ cup sugar
• 2 tsp vanilla flavor
• 1 pint Sour Cream
• 1/3 cup sugar
• Pre-heat oven to 350º
• Mix CRUST ingredients together and press in the bottom of a spring-form pan
• Place softened cream cheese in a bowl
• Add one egg at a time, beating each egg into the cheese before adding the next one.
• Add sugar and vanilla and beat until well mixed
• Pour mixture on top of graham cracker crumbs.
• Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (or until top of cheese is solid)
• While cheesecake is baking, combine Sour Cream and Sugar in a bowl for the topping.
• After Cheesecake has cooked and is firm, pour topping on cake.
• Bake 10 minutes
• Turn oven off and leave cake in oven with the door ajar for 1 ½ hours
• Serve as is, or with fresh fruit.