Season 3, Episode 18 (06.29.16)
[chef: Laura Ray]
This recipe is one that I am famous for, even though I stole (borrowed!) the recipe from one of my best friends, Helga. Ever since she showed me how to make these amazing brownies, I’ve never bought a boxed package of brownie mix again. These are just too delicious and too easy to make brownies any other way!
• 1 Cup of Salted Butter (2 Sticks)
• 4 Four-ounce Squares of Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
• 2 Cups of Sugar
• 4 Room Temperature Eggs
• 1 Cup Flour
• 2-1/2 Cups of Mini Marshmallows
• 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
• 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
• 1 tsp. Vanilla
• In a large saucepan, over low heat, melt butter and the 4 chocolate squares.
• Remove from heat and add the sugar. Blend well.
• Into the chocolate mixture, beat in one egg at a time. Do this by hand; don’t use a beater or electric mixer.
• Stir in the flour and mix well.
• Add the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Mix thoroughly.
• Pour into a buttered and sugared (I sugar instead of flour – the taste is better) 9” x 13” Pan.
• Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until done.
• Let cool for 10 minutes, then cut while they are still warm AND as always serve with my all-time favorite, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream!