Season 2, Episode 4 (01.27.16)
[chef: Laura Ray]
Ok… Did you ever need edibly orgasmic comfort food….
Well, here you go! Actually, life doesn’t get much better than this recipe.
• 1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
• 6 tablespoons butter
• ½ cup milk
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
• ½ teaspoon minced garlic
• salt and ground black pepper to taste
• ½ Cup of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
• ½ Cup of cut up Baby Swiss Cheese
• ½ Cup of Trimmed and Chopped Brie cheese, trimmed and chopped
(reserve 8 small wedges for topping, if desired)
• 1 pound crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage remove
• 1 cup dried medium shell pasta, cooked per instructions
• 1 Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
• ½ teaspoon parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly coat eight 14-to 16-ounce individual baking dishes with cooking spray; set aside.
In large skillet cook onion in butter over medium-low heat about 15 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook shell pasta in according to package directions; drain and return to pan.
Add flour, salt, and pepper to onion in skillet; stir until combined, about 1 minute. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Gradually add three cheeses; cook over medium-low heat until cheese melts. Stir into pasta. Fold in crab. Transfer to baking dishes.
Melt one tablespoon of butter and stir in Panko Bread Crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over pasta mixture.
Bake, uncovered, until heated through and crumbs are golden brown. If desired, add a wedge of Brie to each dish the last couple of minutes of baking time. Makes 8 servings.