Season 1, Episode 5 (01.22.15)
[chef: Laura Ray]
I fell in love with this dish when I had it at a restaurant. They wouldn’t share the recipe with me, so I spent some time in the kitchen and reverse-engineered the meal – figuring out what was in it, and by adding my own touches came up with an even better version of Shrimp Ligurian (and because it is my own version, we call it “a la Lou”).
SHRIMP LINGURIAN a la LOU INGREDIENTS
1 Pound of Shrimp – Cooked, Peeled & Deveined
½ Cup of Olive Oil
½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter
½ Tsp Crused Red Pepper
½ Tsp Minced Garlic
/4 Cup of Quartered Walnuts
½ Cup of Rinsed Julienne-Cut Sun Drie Tomatoes
½ Cup of Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 lb. of Spinach Fettuccinni
1 lb. of Egg or Plain Fettuccinni
Salt & Pepper to Taste
• Melt butter and olive oil in a skillet.
• Add Red Pepper and Garlic
• Add Shrimp, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Walnuts. Salt and Pepper to taste. • Sauté. Be careful not to cook the shrimp too long.
• Add Feta Cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
• Pour over cooked fettuccinni.